Thursday, September 10, 2009

Payment of second installment of arrears to Pensioners

D.G (P) No. 4 -6/08- PENSION 1.9.2009

Reference is invited to this office letter No.4-6/08-Pension dated 4.9.08 and letter No. 4-7/08 Pension dated 4.9.08 whereby Ministry of Personnel ,Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare) OM dated 1.9.08 and 2.9.08 were circulated wherein orders for payment of 40% of arrears of pension were provided. A subsequent order received in this regard vide Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare) O.M.No. 38/37/08 – P & PW (A) dated 25.8.09 is sent herewith for information, guidance and necessary action
OFFICE MEMORANDUM
The orders for revision for pension on implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission were issued vide this Department’s OMs of even number dated 1.9.2008 and 2.9.2008, as defined from time to time. It was provided in these orders that 40% of arrears of pension will be paid in the year 2008-2009 and the remaining 60% in the year 2009-10. Accordingly the first installment of 40% of arrears of pension has been paid in the year 2008-09. It has been decided that the remaining 60% of arrears of pension may now be paid to the pensioners.

2. All the Pension Disbursing Authorities/Public Sector Banks are requested to disburse the remaining 60% of arrears of pension to the pensioners latest by 30.9.2009.

3. This issue with the approval of Ministry of Finance vide their OM No.1/1/2008-IC dated 25.08.2009.

Maharastra Circle Leaders meeting with the Hon'ble MoS

The NAPE Group C, NUPE PM & Gr.D and NUGDS Office bearers Maharastra Circle met the Hon'ble MoS Shri.Gurudas Kamat on 8.9.09 at Mumbai with the help of Shri. Jai Prakash Chhajajed, INTUC State President, Shri. Banti Patil, MLS, Kolhapur, Prof. Kurhale, Kolhapur and Shri. Gadgil Guruji Senior Leader of the Congress. They requested the Hon'ble MoS to accept the Gopinath Commiittee recommendations on GDS revision of TRCA etc.and release the orders immediately. The Minister assured the delegation that he would do his best to get the approval of the Cabinet in the next meeting likely to be held today. The NAPE C was represented by Sarvashri.Sardesai, Circle Org. Secretary, R.H.Gupta, Circle Treasurer,P.R. Kulkarni, ACS and N.N.Mujawar, ACS, NUPE PM & Gr.D. The GDS was represented by Sarvahsri.C.G.Mohite, Divisional Secretary, Kolhapur, S.G.Tase, Treasurer, Kolhapur, M.R.More, President, Sangli Dn and Shri.S.P.Kamble, Asst.Secretary, Sangli Divisions.
The CHQ congratulates the above office bearers for their efforts to get the GDS Committee recommendations early.